In'shaa allaah the discussion about the importance of children engaging in academic activity during the summer months was helpful and informative. Today, I would like to share a resource with you that is intended to help teachers/parent-teachers help and encourage students to continue building their creative writing skills over the summer. This writing resource helps students:
- Begin to build or continue working on building stamina - because the writing tasks are broken down, students move through the writing process at a measured pace allowing them to increase their ability to write for longer periods of time.
- Activate their imagination and think of story ideas.
- Notice details in pictures and in their own writing.
- Include details that enrich a story, in their writing.
- Plan a story, pre-write, and construct a first and final draft.
- Directions Chart that can be hung on the wall in the writing centre (instructions are written at grade level so students can read the chart independently in'shaa allaah).
- Pictures/Illustrations to help spark students' imaginations. Large, colourful scenes are engaging and full of details.
- 8 graphic organizers that will help students brainstorm, organize, and plan their story.
- Pages for students to write and illustrate their first and subsequent drafts, and the final draft of their story (just make extra copies of these pages for the students).
Benefit & Enjoy In'shaa allaah!